Thursday, April 19, 2007

Demian's paradise...and snakes.






























































































































We were told there is a snake in paradise. Well, on Demian's new property, there were three (actually five, with the two babies)! It's a beautiful park on the beach, snorkeling and surfing right there, monkeys, parrots, exotic birds, iguanas, mangos, star fruit, plantain, sweet bananas etc...and snakes. While cleaning the surroundings of the house, the gardeners found two boas, one digesting a big iguana and the deadly coral snake that kills you in 20 or 40 minutes, depending where it strikes! We put the snakes in a cooler and released them in the national reserve park at the end of the road. I understand why Demian wants his yard cleaned!


We are leaving Costa Rica by plane next week for Canada where Domi is going to fish prawns with Andre. Then we will fly to France to visit our families. It's not easy to leave the kids, this beautiful country and Noel and Rosie on their boat Enez. They are leaving for Ecuador, Galapagos and Chile. That's the part of cruising life that I don't like too much!


The boat is in Puntarenas, Costa Rica Yacht Club. a lovely place with nice, professional people and a swimming pool as we avoid swimming around the boat...because of the crocodiles passing by! Thought the boat sits on its keel at low tide, nicely dry, we feel Swagman will be safe here. There is security 24/7 and our friend Enrico and the kids will come and check off and on. So here we come again, springtime in Canada!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Ah my good friends Dom and Gilou. I have Finally found you!!

Demian gave me some crazy, incorrect address for this website, but I finally found it. Nice pictorial summary of your adventure! And I especially like the SNAKES. I wonder how many times I crossed paths with Messrs. Red-on-Yellow and Squeeze while working in the garden. In the 10 years I've been going to Costa Rica, I've nevery seen a snake. And now I understand I've been living with them all this time. As my son would say "crazy-balls".

Please keep in touch and let me know when you're returning to El Paraíso! I miss the conversation. I'll be there in August for sure!

Tom

My contact info is below:

TVinckier@GMail.com
805-284-7233 cell
805-683-2612 home

8:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

your pictures are beautiful and it is wonderful to see that you are travelling the world. I have recently re-connected with Gael and when he told me that you were sailing the world, I thought that was perfect. I have such wonderful memories of sechelt and the time that I spent with Gael and your family. Have a safe and wonderful trip, your family has grown up to be wonderful!
Trina Wyllie (your next door neighbour that used to come over on the weekends and the summer)

1:04 PM  
Blogger Frederique said...

Coucou les copains !
Super les photos des affreux serpents, le petit tricot raye est petit mais terriblement redoutable ! Ca doit etre impressionnant de voir un boa en pleine digestion aussi...
Grosses bises a Noel et Rosie si vous les recroisez, et bon retour au pays pour vous (bonne peche !)
Bises

12:26 PM  
Blogger Catarbor said...

Aujourd'hui, c'est Noël, et je m'offre une petite virée sur votre website, from Ann Arbor où, il neige.

Les photos sont aussi superbes que vous l'êtes tous.

Bises de Cat (et Syl)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Catarbor said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Catarbor said...

Aujourd'hui, c'est Noël, et je m'offre une petite virée sur votre website, from Ann Arbor où, il neige.

Les photos sont aussi superbes que vous l'êtes tous.

Bises de Cat (et Syl)

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home